Re: How to install Debian with Promise FastTrak 376 chip onboard?

On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 12:04:03AM -0800, Nano Nano wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 08:38:03AM +0100, Danny wrote:
> > Hi Nano Nano,
> >
> > to supply a floppy during setup is no problem. There in the Debian 3
> > installer is an option "Preload modules from disk". And that is all I ask
> > for, the modules (binary device drivers for Promise FastTrak 376), so that I
> > can put it on disk, that the Installer detects my Promise FastTrak 376
> > controller.
> >

> all I ask is that if you figure it out you tell me too

I came in a bit late here.  Have a look on my site -
http://www.antgel.co.uk/compsci/linux/promise_raid.shtml.  This has the
Promise driver module built against 2.4.18-bf24.

Please don't CC me.  Also _please_ read the following before posting:
Documentation - http://www.debian.org/doc/
FAQ - http://www.debian.org/doc/FAQ/
Install manual (i386) - http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/install