Re: Rip DVD audio: TOC for CD?

On Sun, Feb 15, 2004 at 05:26:28PM +1100, Rob Weir wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 14, 2004 at 07:26:26AM -0800, Bill Moseley said
> > 2) If I extract audio into a large wav file is there a tool that would
> > allow me to set track locations when burning the audio?  In other words,
> > anyone know of a (GUI?) tool that would make it easy to set track
> > locations when I have a single large wav file that contains many
> > sections/parts/chapters?  I think what I need is a way to create a CUE
> > or table of contents sheet for cdrecord.
>
> You could just split it into multiple .wavs on the track boundries using
> a regular sound editing tool, burn as normal and get one track on the CD
> for each .wav.

Sounds like work.

Assuming that work has already been done when creating the chapters,
I think I'll write a small Perl script to use lsdvd to list the titles
and chapters, preview a few seconds of each one, and create a
title/chapter list which I then use with mplayer to pull out the
"tracks" I want into individual wav files.  A case where a GUI might be
nice.

Cheers,

--
Bill Moseley