Re: R: R: Sony VAIO PCG-V505CP

On Sun, Feb 15, 2004 at 12:11:42AM +0100, albatross wrote:
> I'm only using the integrated touch-mouse from the pc.

I am guessing you mean touchpad on a laptop. In that case it usually
works as a psmouse.
Try running cat /dev/psaux and see if you get any output. If so then
change your pointer section in /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 to use that
(probably using the ImPS2 protocol).

Try running cat on /dev/ttys0 (and 1,2,3) and see if any of them gives
any output.

If all this fails then you may need to load the module. I don't know if
the default debian kernel configures the mouse as a module or compiled
in. If the previous failed email me the file
/boot/config-<your kernelversion> and I'll inspect your configuration.

Also if its a laptop send the brand and model to check what type of
touchpad it is, or if its external the brand and if you know the model
(hopefully that won't be needed but just in case ;-)

If its a touchpad then I know there are some issues with the synaptic
ones, but I don't know if its to get normal functionality or the
extended functionality.

One last point, the replies should go to the list. I also see your mail
there and that way all the list members see it so there is a better
chance to get an answer since someone else may know a better one then
I do ;-).