sarge installer successes?

After yet another failed attempt to install Sarge from the latest unofficial ISO onto my spare/testing partition, I am currently reinstalling Woody.

I am curious what kind of luck others have had with the Sarge installer. The only x86 system that I have available to test on is an epia m10000 board with an EIDE CD and hard drive. Woody installation is flawless whereas the current Sarge installer and the debian installer public beta 2 have both been entirely unusable (Failure to detect CD drive [after booting from it successfully] and even the hard drive under net install for instance)

I am surprised that the latest installer seems to be a complete rewrite rather than an update to the fully functional system found under Woody. I am hoping that the problems that I've seen are unique to my system.