Intel 536ep

<Hi there.

Hi Steve,

<OK, after my success with the nVidia driver, I decided to have another go
<with the Intel 536EP modem driver. Downloaded the source from Intel, read the
<readme, and did the following:-
<Extracted the archive, logged in as root and CD'd to the ne Intel directory.
<Typed:-
<make clean      ;went ok
<make 536ep      ; the following is the output

<knip>

<I do have the appropriate kernel headers installed.

<TIA

<Steve

I remember having similar problem with that Intel536ep module.
Be sure to have the gcc-3.2 compiler installed as the 536EP corecode is
compiled with this version : from the "readme.txt" in the 536EP tarball :

"2. Release Notes

      This release supports 2.4.x kernels.

      This release is not compatible with kernels prior to 2.4.

      The 536EP corecode binary was compiled with gcc version 3.2"

this is what I have installed on my testing/sid with 2.4.22 kernel :

hi  gcc            3.3.1-2        The GNU C compiler.
hi  gcc-3.2        3.2.3-8        The GNU C compiler
hi  gcc-3.2-base   3.2.3-8        The GNU Compiler Collection (base package)
hi  gcc-3.3        3.3.2-0pre5    The GNU C compiler
hi  gcc-3.3-base   3.3.2-0pre5    The GNU Compiler Collection (base package)

I have also the complete source of the kernel installed.
Also remember to recompile the module after each kernel compile.

HTH it worked for me...

Johan