Re: recommended reading?

on Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 05:31:47AM -0500, Antonio Rodriguez (arodriguez31@cfl.rr.com) wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 12, 2004 at 10:10:13PM -0800, Karsten M. Self wrote:
>
> > > With the peculiarity that if you are using dwww (at least in sid) you
> > > will find that all documentation is located in the NY Police
> > > Department website.
> >
> > Pardon?
> >

> > Peace.
>
> In my machine (sid) if you start dwww from terminal, or from gnome
> menu, it will take you straight to
> http://home.nyc.gov/html/hpd/home.html

I don't generally "start" dwww from terminal.  The dwww package installs
a set of CGI scripts which are called from your web browser.

You can browse the pages made available through dwww at:

   http://localhost/dwww/

Or, if you allow remote access:

   http://<your host name>/dwww/

Note that among the directories exposed are your /usr/share/doc/
directory, from which it's possible to tell what packages are installed
on the system.

If you're resolving a different site, you likely have a DNS or Apache
misconfiguration.  Check your logs.

Please be explicit in what commands you are issuing, and what results
you are seeing.

Peace.

    I myself am often surprised at life's little quirks.
    - Princess Bride