Re: installing Maple 7 under Woody

On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 01:09:37PM +0530, Sanjay Chigurupati wrote:
> it looks like a problem with the script. seems like it is written using sh
> shell. default shell I guess on linux is bash.

  $ ls -l /bin/sh
  lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            4 Nov 19 15:06 /bin/sh -> bash

> if that doesnt help, just post the code of shell script. we could look at
> it and try to fix it.
> seems like changing the shell interpreter to bash might fix it,

That's rarely a good idea, and won't help.

I think it's just that the shell script Brad is trying to execute
doesn't have the executable bit set. Since it's on a CD you won't be
able to make it executable directly (chmod +x); instead, just do 'sh
install_su_linux'.

Cheers,