Re: installing Maple 7 under Woody

Hi,
it looks like a problem with the script. seems like it is written using sh
shell. default shell I guess on linux is bash.

have a look at Readme.txt and see what it says.

if that doesnt help, just post the code of shell script. we could look at
it and try to fix it.
seems like changing the shell interpreter to bash might fix it, but again
have to look at the commands in it to see if they will work in bash.

regards,
Sanjay

                      Brad Camroux
                      <bgcamroux@yahoo.        To:       debian-user@lists.debian.org
                      ca>                      cc:
                                               Subject:  installing Maple 7 under Woody
                      13/02/2004 09:48
                      AM

Hello all...

I'm new to this list, and relatively new to Debian.
I'm still exploring and finding new and exciting
things in the distro.  MUCH better than anything I've
seen from Red Hat.

Anyway... I need to install Waterloo Maple 7(TM) on my
system, but seem to be having trouble.  I've attached
a typescripts of the session in which I tried to
install.  I just don't understand why I'm getting
"permission denied" for root to run an install script.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thank you in advance,

Brad Camroux
Student, Geophysics & Applied Math
University of Calgary
Calgary, Alberta, CANADA

=====

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future"
-- From the Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

Post your free ad now! http://personals.yahoo.caScript started on Thu Feb
gandalf:/usr/local# whoami
root
gandalf:/usr/local# cd /cdrom
gandalf:/cdrom# ls
flexlm             flexlm.tar  install.htm  linuxsingleuser  unix
viewer             windows
gandalf:/cdrom# cd linuxsingleuser
gandalf:/cdrom/linuxsingleuser# ls
bin_ibm_intel_linux_su.tar  install_su_linux  readme.txt
gandalf:/cdrom/linuxsingleuser# ./install_su_linux
bash: ./install_su_linux: /bin/sh: bad interpreter: Permission denied
gandalf:/cdrom/linuxsingleuser# tcsh
gandalf:/cdrom/linuxsingleuser# ./install_su_linux
./install_su_linux: Permission denied.
gandalf:/cdrom/linuxsingleuser# ^Dexit
gandalf:/cdrom/linuxsingleuser# e
Script done on Thu Feb 12 21:15:43 2004