Re: a2ps borders problem after upgrade

On Thu, Feb 12, 2004 at 10:23:32PM -0800, Marc Wilson wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 12, 2004 at 11:15:10AM +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
> > Why is there no release-critical bug filed if it's unreleaseable in its
> > current form?
>
> There are bugs filed against all of the stupidities of the CVS version that
> was uploaded.  None of them are mine, so it's not my place to upgrade or
> downgrade them.  Individually they're not RC, but the total would seem to
> be telling.

I ask because we have over 10000 packages in Debian, and it's impossible
to keep track of unreleaseable things when people just mention them on
mailing lists. The way to communicate to the release team that something
shouldn't be released is to have an RC bug.

(speaking as a release assistant)

> The DPL banged on the apsfilter maintainer, and we went from one that
> worked but had several wishlist and minor bugs, to one that has a grave bug
> filed and doesn't work.  Then *he* vanished again.  Perhaps if the DPL
> bangs on the a2ps maintainer, the reverse will occur, since we already have
> the broken one.

Well, Martin wasn't doing that with his DPL hat on, but as a QA person.
I'm sure you could mail him about both of these, though ...

Cheers,