Re: Sarge dist-upgrade wants to remove KDE

On Thu, Feb 12, 2004 at 05:20:30PM +0100, Kjetil Kjernsmo wrote:

> I'm tracking Sarge now, and for the past couple of days, when I tried
> dist-upgrade, it has wanted to remove pretty much every KDE package on
> my system...

When I upgraded from stable to Sarge about 3-4 months ago, it removed my
whole KDE package, IIRC.  Also, again, IIRC, there were several other
packages that were removed and not upgraded.  I just assumed that
perhaps a major dist-upgrade from one release to another did that -
replaced packages that were basic, but just simply removed the optional
ones.  But it didn't matter anyway, because I was using Blackbox and was
not even using KDE, except for occasional uses of kmail, knode, and
konsole, but I'd migrated to xterm, too.  I haven't tried to reinstall
KDE yet.

As for the packages that want to "slip away".. how about putting them on
hold for awhile?