Re: SSL capable FTP _client_?

Jens Benecke wrote:
>Jeff Self wrote:
>
>>Using apt-cache, I found ftp-ssl.
>
>Me too.  But it doesn't work, and the admins just auto-reply with
>"install Windows and use our provided clients" to all requests, even
>though their servers run Linux themselves.

Look what I found:

$ apt-cache search ssl | grep -i ftp
curl - Get a file from an HTTP, HTTPS, FTP or GOPHER server
[...]

And more to the point:

,----[ curl(1) ]
| [...]
|        --ftp-ssl
|               (FTP)   Make  the  FTP  connection  switch  to  use
|               SSL/TLS. (Added in 7.11.0)
|
|               If this option is used twice, the second will again
|               disable silent failure.
| [...]
`----

Does this help?

--
Cristian Gutierrez			http://www.dcc.uchile.cl/~crgutier
crgutier[@]dcc.uchile.cl                        Jabber:crgutier@jabber.org

In a world without walls and fences - who needs Windows and Gates?