Re: Gallery 1.4 claims newer PHP version

"Jacob S." <stormspotter@6texans.net> writes:

> Do you really need version 1.4 of gallery? There's a (slightly older)
> version of Gallery in Debian Woody. "apt-get install gallery". Then not
> only would you not need to upgrade php, but even gallery would take
> advantage of Debian's advanced package management system.

It's very often this level of package that ends up driving system
upgrades, in my experience.  End-users are very sensitive to
features.  Gallery is moving forward fairly fast.  I certainly
wouldn't want to downgrade from 1.4 myself.

I'm curious how Gallery works as a package; on my system it's
installed in at least 3 separate directories that I know of (you need
to do that to have multiple galleries on the server).
--
David Dyer-Bennet, <mailto:dd-b@dd-b.net>, <http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/>
RKBA: <http://noguns-nomoney.com> <http://www.dd-b.net/carry/>