Re: Gallery 1.4 claims newer PHP version

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 12:05:21 -0300
Arlequín <amahoro@adinet.com.uy> wrote:

> Hi, there.
>
> I have a Woody properly installed, which runs PHP v. 4.1.2.
>
> That's enough for me, but apparently it's not enough for the folks
> from Gallery, a web based photo album generator
> <http://gallery.menalto.com/index.php>.
>
> Please, take a look at this post:
> <http://gallery.menalto.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=
> 61813#61813>
>
> What should I do?
>
> Recompile from source?
> I don't want to loose the excellent deps tree control Debian have only
>
> because I have to upgrade my PHP version.

Do you really need version 1.4 of gallery? There's a (slightly older)
version of Gallery in Debian Woody. "apt-get install gallery". Then not
only would you not need to upgrade php, but even gallery would take
advantage of Debian's advanced package management system.

HTH & HAND,
Jacob

-----
GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135