Re: sftp sources?

Cristian Gutierrez wrote:
> [ftp/http is bandwidth limited on university network, ssh isn't
> limited]
>
> [idea: tunnel ftp/http via ssh and a remote friendly proxy]
>
> [step by step instructions]

excellent! thanks for the help... i think we can probably sort something
out for them! :-D the sysadmin has already been told that there is an
unnatural amount of transfer on the ssh port due to the nature of the
research (by the head of department), so they wont be done for bandwidth
usage... in fact, updating a debian system is probably negligible
compared to the data they truck around.

thanks again!

cheers,
Sam