Re: Software RAID problems (bad filesystem type)

Hi David,

thank you for your reply!

I've tried putting it to /etc/fstab, but getting the error on boot time. And since it's remote computer, it's a little inconvenient cause it won't continue the bootup process without keyboard input. Here is my fstab setup:

/dev/hda1 / ext3 errors=remount-ro 0 1 /dev/hda2 none swap sw 0 0 /dev/hda3 /mnt/hda3 ext3 defaults 0 2 /dev/md0 /mnt/md0 ext3 defaults 0 0 (this commented out for boot) proc /proc proc defaults 0 0 /dev/fd0 /floppy auto user,noauto 0 0 /dev/cdrom /cdrom iso9660 ro,user,noauto 0 0

When I build the raid with mdadm --create, do mkfs.ext3 and then do mount (with or without -t, doesn't matter) it mounts beautifully. When I reboot, uncomment the device in fstab and do mount -a or just try mounting it via mount -t ext3 /dev/md0 /mnt/md0 it gives the error.

I've also tried doing "dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/hdc" to make it clean. When doing e2fsck /dev/hdc1 I get this error:

e2fsck 1.35-WIP (07-Dec-2003)
e2fsck: Invalid argument while trying to open /dev/hdc1

filesystem.  If the device is valid and it really contains an ext2
    e2fsck -b 8193 <device>

Many thanks for any input!!

Timo