Re: Software RAID problems (bad filesystem type)

On Sun, 2004-02-08 at 16:38, Timo Railo wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm having problems getting software raid to work with my IDE drives. I
> had Redhat9 installed previously on the same machine (with working
> software raid setup), but I'm now moving to Debian.
>
> My kernel is 2.4.18-bf2.4 and has support for RAID1, which I'm trying
> to create. I'm following these instructions (thank you Lucas for
> excellent instructions!):
>
> http://www.cs.montana.edu/faq/faqw.admin.py?
> query=1.22&querytype=simple&casefold=yes&req=search
>
> All goes well up to point 8 (I'm able to create raid, put ext3
> filesystem on it and even mount it). But that's only the first mount.
> After reboot, when trying to mount, I get this error message:
>
> "mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/md0,
>         or too many mounted file systems
>         (could this be the IDE device where you in fact use
>         ide-scsi so that sr0 or sda or so is needed?)"
>
> I've tried zeroing the superblock, with no help. Also tried recreating
> the partitions (times x) and tried recreating filesystem.

How are you mounting it? If you are mounting using an explicit: mount -t
ext3 /dev/md0 /mnt, but have not modified your /etc/fstab correctly
(thats the file that is used at boot-time to decide where and with what
options filesystems are to be mounted), then this behavior would make
perfect sense.

-davidc