Two Apache instances; IPTables to redirect ports

Hi all!

I mainly wondering if anybody has experience with running two different
Apache instances on a single machine under Debian?

The reason I'm asking, is that I have to run a production server and a
demo server on the same machine, and while their configs could be very
similar, the demo server should run my test modules, perl modules, that
is. So, each instance would have to have at least different @INCs, and
I've been told that's impossible with a single instance.

So, how do I set up my box to run two different Apache instances...?
And, while I'm at it: What's the best way to set @INC....?

The other question is related: I have to run the demo server at a
different port, say 8081. But, I figured it should be easy with
IPTables to redirect this so that incoming traffic to my demo server
test.skepsis.no at port 80 is redirected to 8081, without interfering
with the other traffic to the other virtual hosts on this machine. Is
this as easy as it sounds...? :-)

Best,

Kjetil
--