md5 failed inside 3.0r2 ISOs

Hi,

I've tried to research this problem but found nothing but some obscure german message that wasn't replied to so here goes:

I just downloaded the 7 ISO images. The MD5 check of the images is fine but when I mount it -o loop and do a second check using /md5sum.txt hundreds files fail or are zero size.

The images seem correct and mount ok but the MD5 check is what fails. I've also tried uncompressing the ISO image with other programs, the results are the same.

Specially under the directories which contain diskette images so I cannot install from diskette.

Does this have to do with the recent debian compromise and/or is it a known issue?

regards
L Rotger