Re: pterm + .XResources

On Sun, Feb 08, 2004 at 11:50:59AM -0700, Monique Y. Herman said
> On 2004-02-08, Colin Watson penned:
> >>
> >> The font setting is working.  The geometry settings seem to be
> >> ignored.  Is this a bug, or am I being braindead?
> >
> > When you change .Xresources, you need to reload it with 'xrdb -merge
> > .Xresources'. Does this help? pterm.TermHeight and pterm.TermWidth
> > work for me having done this.
> >

> Is xrdb something that needs to be run every time you start X, or just
> once to update a database?  I'm guessing the previous, based on its man
> page, but I'm not sure where I would set this up.

It needs to be run each time the file is changed and every time X
starts.  I'm pretty sure there's one file in ~/ that Debian's X scripts
feed to xrdb on startup, but I forget which one.  ~/.Xdefaults maybe?

> Should the file be .Xresources or .XResources, or does it matter?  Does
> it need to be executable?

Doesn't matter which if you're just giving it to xrdb on the command
line.

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org> | mlspam@ertius.org  |  Do I look like I want a CC?
Words of the day:  ASIO supercomputer Bellcore JSOFC3IP Merlin cracking Serbian