Setting up a text-telephone shell server

Hello all,

In my travels I've seen quite a few TTY/TTD-enabled payphones at subways and
airports, phones designed to assist the deaf that pop out a keyboard when
they recieve a certain series of tones.  I was wondering what I would need
to be able to set up a program on my Debian machine that would let me dial
home and then spawn a shell over the connection, allowing me to enter
commands with the TTY keyboard.  I understand that I would need a
Baudot-compatible modem to be able to set this up; does anyone know any
additional information on how to do this?

Jason