Re: a bit (asus!) confused about i2c and lm-sensors

On Sun, 08 Feb 2004 01:08:40 -0800, Nano Nano wrote:

> I have an ASUS P4C800.  I have 2.6.2 kernel.  I wish to see my CPU and
> Mobo temps (and ideally fan speeds) like Asus PC Probe shows in Windows.

I have successfully installed lmsensors, (using 2.2.23 and 2.4.24
kernels) and it works great, especially with gkrellm. Try this for
starters:

http://www2.lm-sensors.nu/~lm78/cvs/lm_sensors2/doc/lm_sensors-FAQ.html

The first thing you should do is run sensors-detect to determine which
modules you'll need.

You'll have to install lm-sensors-source and compile the modules for your
kernel.  Anyway, it's all in the documentation at the site above.
Although everything is in debian, so you should compile and install the
"debian way" where that differs from the documentation.

I didn't actually use the above link, I can't remember what I read (apart
from the kernel source i2c docs.

--

It is important to realize that any lock can be picked with a big
enough hammer.
               -- Sun System & Network Admin manual