a bit (asus!) confused about i2c and lm-sensors

I have an ASUS P4C800.  I have 2.6.2 kernel.  I wish to see my CPU and
Mobo temps (and ideally fan speeds) like Asus PC Probe shows in Windows.

(1) Which of the following should I have installed?
$ apt-cache search "sensors|i2c"
i2c-source - sources for drivers for the i2c bus
libsensors2 - Library to read temperature/voltage/fan sensors
lm-sensors-source - Kernel drivers to read temperature/voltage/fan sensors (source)
eep24c - read and write serial I2C eeprom devices
gdesklets - an advanced architecture for desktop applets
gdesklets-data - displays and sensors for gdesklets
ksensors - lm-sensors frontend for KDE
libglui2c102 - GLUI, a C++ GLUT based GUI library - runtime support
libprelude-dev - Hybrid Intrusion Detection System [ Development files ]
libprelude0 - Hybrid Intrusion Detection System [ Base library ]
libsensors-dev - Lm-sensors development kit
lm-sensors - Utilities to read temperature/voltage/fan sensors
phpgroupware-phpsysinfo - phpGroupWare phpSysInfo module
prelude-lml - Hybrid Intrusion Detection System [ Log Monitoring Lackey ]
prelude-manager - Hybrid Intrusion Detection System [ Report Manager ]
prelude-nids - Hybrid Intrusion Detection System [ Network sensor ]
sensord - Hardware sensor information logging daemon
smartcard - A smartcard utility for Linux
wmgtemp - Temperature sensor dockapp for Window Maker
wmsensors - WindowMaker dock applet for lmsensors
xml-rpc-api2cpp - Generate C++ wrapper classes for XML-RPC servers.
xsensors - A hardware health information viewer

(2) Which of the following should I have set in the kernel?
$ egrep -i "sensor|i2c" /boot/config-2.6.2
# I2C support
CONFIG_I2C=y
CONFIG_I2C_CHARDEV=y
# I2C Algorithms