Re: Knoppix is Not Debian

Marc Wilson wrote:

There's no reason why he should be installing operating
systems, either, any more than he should be building cars.  Or performing
brain surgery.  Contrary to popular belief, there ARE some things that Joe
Stupid has no business doing.
Installing an OS or building a car aren't quite the same as doing brain surgery. If Joe Stupid wants to build a car, let him. (We might not want to let him drive it in places where faulty design/implementation might get someone hurt, but that's a different issue than building.)

Just because you wouldn't use Knoppix as a starting point, or jump from stable to unstable, is no reason someone else might not. I tend to agree with you about using Knoppix as a starting point; I wouldn't do it. But I have different reasons than yours. Apparently, installing Knoppix as the basis of a Debian system works for many folks.

Also, the use of the phrase "a stupid" seems harsh (and most likely, inaccurate).

--
Kent