Re: Mobo with fan controls

On Mon, 2004-02-02 at 02:45, Arnt Karlsen wrote:

> > > ..before re-assembly, rip open vacuum cleaner bags and use the
> > > filter sheets to cover all case openings?
> >
> > NOOOOOOOOO!
>
> ..I said "all".  I guess I could have said "_all_" etc.  ;-)

This wouldn't change the results.
As I tried to point out, every tiny gap is a case opening, and once
you've got enough of them covered even the drives themselves will
constitute an opening.

Perhaps the only way for this approach to work would be to wrap the
whole box in filtering material.

Thinking about it... this is perhaps not as silly as it sounds. It may
get tricky if you want reach CD-R drives etc,  but for a server whirring
away in a corner it is an simple and effective solution to pack it in
filters.