Re: Mobo with fan controls

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 20:00:44 +0000,
Pigeon <jah.pigeon@ukonline.co.uk> wrote in message
<[🔎] 20040130200044.GB762@droitwichbox.dyndns.org>:

> The only one I don't do this to is the CPU fan - I leave that with the
> full unhindered 12V.

..reminds me of that eerie sound I heard on a big fs shuffle half a year
ago; gkrell read cpu @ 0 rpm and heating.  Fast.  So I tore off the
cover and found the cpu fan fried.  5 minutes later a wee cardboard
box, a chassis fan and duct tape ;-) had the temps drop.  Fast.  ;-)
Waaay down.  ;-)

..take it from an aero engineer; it's all in the baffling.  ;-)

..other ideas, is use an old refrigerator as a cool sound cool sound ;-)
enclosure, or play a little with baffling and ducting and remove all
fans for a chimney, or pipe in water.  ;-)

..if you go "all the way", 1/3 of water and 2/3 of glycol will help you
drop down to -67°C , beyond that, alcohols, ammonia, etc.

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: