Re: Sendmail vs Exim vs Others

On Thursday 29 January 2004 11:50 pm, Ian Perry wrote:
> I know this question is subjective to personal preferences....  Is
> there an advantage to exim over sendmail or vice versa for ease of
> setup/maintenance etc ?  I would be interested in comments from those
> who have used both.

> Is there something better than either of them ?

My personal preference is qmail. Not sure if it's available in the Debian
archive or not, but you can check out www.qmail.org for more info - look
for the links to netqmail.

I also know that many people are happy with Postfix (which is in the
Debian archive). I have no experience with it.

> I have very little experience with either of them, and have found
> nothing in the archives on the subject.  I need something extremely
> simple to simply send and receive mail, but not to be an open relay.

qmail, by default, will not relay AT ALL, and I have found it very easy to
install and setup.

Adam