Re: flash plugin

On Wed, Jan 28, 2004 at 10:44:37AM -0700, s. keeling wrote:

> Though I'd ordinarily avoid subjects like this (I despise things like
> swf), I actually have it working here so maybe this will help
> somebody.  I'm using Woody & Mozilla 0.9.7; "About Plugins" shows:

>    Shockwave Flash 5.0 r47

> Flash was installed into a previous SuSE setup, and I just had to
> point Debian's Mozilla at that to get it to work:
>
>    File name: /home/keeling/flash_linux/libflashplayer.so
>
> I use Gnome + Libranet 2.0 (Woody) apt-get upgrade-ed to 3.0r2, fwiw.

What X server do you use?  I currently have XFree 4.3 (self-compiled)
installed, plus xserver-s3 (3.3.6) installed.  I had Flash 5.<something>
installed.

I had been noticing Mozilla crashing on some sites - finally on one, I
noticed they were using flash.  Going back to the 3.3.6 server, Flash
was ignored, but crashed with 4.3  After installing the latest Flash,
this particular web page, at least, did work with 4.3.