Re: 8139too Module

On Wed, Jan 28, 2004 at 02:24:27AM -0000, Timothy Paling wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-01-27 at 19:36, Timothy Paling wrote:
> Producing this listing shows that 8139too is not in the list.
>
> modprobe simple reports that it cannot find the module.
>
> How do I proceed further? I've located the source for the module in the
> Kernel source however, I'm unsure as to how to go about compiling this is
> introducing it into my kernel.
>
> Suggestion:
> If you are using the 2.4.18-bf2.4 kernel, I think that support for that
> card is compiled in, and you dont have to insert any modules. If you are
> using some other kernel, you will need to make sure that you've got that
> module compiled (or compiled into your kernel). To see if you have that
> module, type:

I have the Realtek RTL8139 here also. I don't know if this will help you
or not but in my case I need to boot with the "noapic" option on the
boot command line and then I get net support. The 8139too.o module is
already built into the bf2.4 kernel.

Add append="noapic" to your /etc/lilo.conf and run lilo to update the
config.