Re: mozilla-firebird & passwords

On January 27, 2004 07:13, Matt Price wrote:
> Hey there,
>
> after a recent upgrade I can't view the paasswords stored by
> mozilla-firebird.  In the options menu under privacy, I still see a
> button marked 'view paswords' but clickingo n the button has no
> effect.  I'd like to clean up my password files, so it's irritating
> thatthis doesn't work...  Anyone know if there's another way to view
> pasword info, of where I should check to see if there's e.g. some
> kidn of permissions problem with the password file?

If I understand you correctly, pressing "View Passwords" does absolutely
nothing at all? The password manager in Firebird was changed in the 0.7
release which might be the source of the problem. The new password
manager ("Satchel") is supposed to be backwards-compatible with the old
files, but it might not be in all cases. Creating a new profile will
tell you if the issue is one of an old profile or a different problem
altogether. These kind of things happen with software in a state of
flux...

At any rate, a pre-0.7 password file is the same (essentially) as a
Mozilla Navigator password file, so theoretically it ought to be
possible to copy it over to a mozilla profile and clean it up there.

I think I also remember seeing a post in the mozillazine forums from
someone who had managed to migrate a password file.
--
David P James
Ottawa, Ontario

There is no art which one government sooner learns of another
than that of draining money from the pockets of the people.
-Adam Smith, The Wealth of Nations