Re: mplayer + esound

Hanspeter Kunz wrote:

On Tue, 2004-01-27 at 16:48, Gustavo Halperin wrote:
Hanspeter Kunz wrote:

you could use a more recent version of mplayer.

cheers,
Hp.

MPlayer 1.0pre3-3.3.3 (C) 2000-2003 MPlayer Team

Thank you very much, now is work.
Maybe, do you know how to use 'aumix' or  'wmmixer' or any
applet  or application with 'esound'
 Or how to  active the '/dev/mixer' with the 'esoun'  ??

Yes you are right, I changed the permision to '660' and now is OK
Thank you
          Gusti

 Thank you  again
         Gusti

I'm not sure what your question is. Maybe you can decribe it in more
detail.

To my opinion, accessing /dev/mixer should be independent of esd.
So if you can't access the mixer, then it is probably a problem of the
permissions, but it should not be a problem related to esd.

cheers,
Hp.

CPU: Intel Pentium M Banias 2374 MHz (Family: 6, Stepping: 5)
Detected cache-line size is 64 bytes
MMX2 supported but disabled
SSE2 supported but disabled
Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX SSE

Reading config file /etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf
Reading config file /home/hkunz/.mplayer/config
Available audio output drivers:
      mpegpes DVB audio output
      oss     OSS/ioctl audio output
      alsa9   ALSA-0.9.x audio output
      arts    aRts audio output
      esd     EsounD audio output
      nas     NAS audio output
      sdl     SDLlib audio output
      null    Null audio output
      pcm     RAW PCM/WAVE file writer audio output
      plugin  Plugin audio output