How to make a quick local .deb package?

Hi,

I have read "Debian New Maintainers' Guide" and "How Software Producers
Can Distribute Their Products Directly in DEB Format".

Unfortunately, it is not so clear on how to make a local .deb
package. For example, what to do, if there exists a simple
"our-own-script.sh" which is usually in every /usr/local/bin
at the local systems.

1) is there a simpler way to make a .deb package for that script?
2) it should be placed in /usr/bin/, shouldn't it?

thank you,

--
Abdul Latip - Junior Staff - http://people.WebIndonesia.com/dullatip/  -
- Dear IETF: I want back my X.400 under X.25 or CLNP spam free mailer! -