SYBASE INSTALLATION

Hi there,

I would like if someone could give some help (and especially if the answer is sent to hlertora@technisys.net).

My problem is when i try to install Sybase ASE 12.5.1 (downloaded from sybase.com) in my Debian Unstable (SID). When the installation wizard tries to start Adaptive Server, the log says something like
"kernel current process is infected with (signal) 11".
I started searching the web, and found that Sybase ASE is certified only for Red Hat and SuSE, as it is explained in the sybase site. It also says which kernel and glibc version is required in each case. My kernel version is 2.4.23-1-686, and i think its newer than the version required. But i'm not so sure about the glibc library version. The glibc required version, i think, is 2.2.4-13+. I started searching for that library in packages.debian.org but couldnt find it.

So, my questions are:

Is it possible to run sybase ASE 12.5.1 on debian , or Red Hat is needed?
How can i know the exact glibc version installed on my machine?
Where can i get the required version of glibc for sybase ASE 12.5.1 (and for debian)?
Can the incorrect glibc version generate the error above mentioned?

i hope someone understands this!!
thanks in advance!

bye