Re: clamscan in unstable not detecting DOOM/SCO virus

Fraser Campbell wrote:

Hi,

Does anyone know why the clamscan in unstable doesn't detect this latest virus? clamscan in unstable is 0.60-10, the latest clamscan is 0.65. I would have thought that the freshclam updater would have fetched the updates regardless of the version number though.

Freshclam is claiming that my virus database is up to date and I've confirmed that the emails I've received are recognized as viruses by clamscan's online checker.

As an alternative use the up to date packages directly from clamav themselves:

deb http://clamav.catt.com/debian stable main
deb-src http://clamav.catt.com/debian stable main

Regards

Marcel