Re: clamscan in unstable not detecting DOOM/SCO virus

On Tue, 2004-01-27 at 13:03, Fraser Campbell wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know why the clamscan in unstable doesn't detect this latest
> virus?  clamscan in unstable is 0.60-10, the latest clamscan is 0.65.  I
> would have thought that the freshclam updater would have fetched the updates
> regardless of the version number though.
>
> Freshclam is claiming that my virus database is up to date and I've confirmed
> that the emails I've received are recognized as viruses by clamscan's online
> checker.

If you've set up a filter to block, or at least divert attachments with
.bat, exe, .pif, etc extensions, it probably won't matter whether
clamscan can detect it or not. Thats what I did for the ISP where I used
to work, and clamav only rarely got a chance to scan anything.

-davidc