Re: OT - nForce, GeForce and VMWare

On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 07:16:30AM -0600, Jeffrey L. Taylor wrote:

> In my experience, action games in VMware are problematic. I have used
> several versions of VMware.  Sound has gotten a lot better, from
> unusable to minor stutters.

Yes, it has improved quite a bit.  I've actually managed frequently
clear playback of audio from my VMWare installation.

> Within VMware, Freecell is about the only playable game.  For things
> that need 3D acceleration, stick to native booting Windows.  Wine
> quite possibly will be worse.  YMMV

I've been using WineX for about a year now.  There are a number of games
that it won't play or install, but ther are also quite a few that it
plays quite well.  However, if your goal is to play a game that uses
DirectPlay multiplayer, don't bother.  DirectPlay doesn't work at the
moment.

--
Jamin W. Collins