Re: OT - nForce, GeForce and VMWare

Jan Suchy wrote:
Hi,

VMWare virtual machine emulates the SB Ensoniq AudioPCI
adapter (at least version 4 or later). Driver for this
one doesn't come with the original windows installation so
you will have to get it from www.creative.com

That did the trick. Now I can go ahead and pull the other sound card I put in in hopes of getting sound in VMWare.

http://www.vmware.com/support/ws4/doc/ws40_vidsound.html#1010378

AFAIK vmware doesn't support Direct3D yet.

Bummer. I guess for now then, at least until I can decipher the technique for configuring WINE-X, I'll just maintain a minimal Win-98SE setup for when I want to play games that require 3D stuff. Hopefully, I can manage to shrink my current Windows partitions and enlarge the Linux partition without screwing up my Linux installation...Either that, or make a new partition from the freed-up space, and have it mount as /usr or whichever directory most apps go into...Probably go ahead and make a dedicated partition to mount as /home as well...