Re: OT - nForce, GeForce and VMWare

Quoting Scarletdown <gsutton9503@charter.net>:
[snip]
> Bummer.  I guess for now then, at least until I can decipher the
> technique for configuring WINE-X, I'll just maintain a minimal Win-98SE
> setup for when I want to play games that require 3D stuff.  Hopefully, I
> can manage to shrink my current Windows partitions and enlarge the Linux
> partition without screwing up my Linux installation...Either that, or
> make a new partition from the freed-up space, and have it mount as /usr
> or whichever directory most apps go into...Probably go ahead and make a
> dedicated partition to mount as /home as well...

In my experience, action games in VMware are problematic. I have used
several versions of VMware.  Sound has gotten a lot better, from
unusable to minor stutters. Playing video clips from the TurboTax CD
was unusable.  Haven't tried video w/ the latest beta.  Within VMware,
Freecell is about the only playable game.  For things that need 3D
acceleration, stick to native booting Windows.  Wine quite possibly
will be worse. YMMV

Jeffrey