Can I apt-zip with CD-R/RW?

Hi,

  Are apt-zip-list and apt-zip-inst meant to be used with zip/floppy drives only? i.e., does the
medium need to be writable after a mount? How about using CD-R/RW with apt-zip? Has anybody tried
this?

  I am wondering if the following will work.

  1) Use apt-zip-list to create the fetch script and the apt-zip.options files.   2) mail these to
fast net machine.
  3) Run the fetch script on the fast net machine and get the debs
  4) Burn the CD with the debs and the two files mailed.
  5) Bring home CD-r/RW and apt-zip-inst from the mounted CD.

The above will NOT work if apt-zip-inst need write access to the mounted CD.
Of course I could loop-mount an ext2 and copy all of CD..... But I like to avoid that if possible.

I can experiment to find out. But I am scared of apt-zip-inst aborting halfway when it needs write
access (if it does) and leaving things in a mess that may require hand repair.

Thanks and Regards
Ramesh