Re: cron - stop console logging

>>Every couple minutes I get something like:
>>
>>cron(pam_unix)[15457]: session opened for user mail (uid=0)

>Somehow syslog is not running.

'ps -A' shows that klogd is running, but no syslogd.  When I try to
install the inetutils-syslog package I get conflicts with sysklogd,
which dselect is saying is installed.  'ps -A' does not show
sysklogd at all.  'locate sysklogd' shows an /etc/init.d script,
and that script refers to /sbin/syslogd, but that file does not
exist.

So, maybe /sbin/syslogd was somehow disappeared?  Can I reinstall
this package without removing it (along with packages dependent on
it) and installing it again from scratch?