Re: cron - stop console logging

Em Seg, 2004-01-26 às 04:17, Matt Miller escreveu:
> cron is logging to the active console and I don't know how to turn it
> off.  Every couple minutes I get something like:
>
> cron(pam_unix)[15457]: session opened for user mail (uid=0)
> cron(pam_unix)[15457]: session closed for user mail
>
> The cron man pages says that cron logs to the syslog facility 'cron,'
> and /etc/syslog.conf says:
>
> cron.*		/var/log/cron.log
>
> so I would expect that these messages I'm getting on the console would
> go to that file, and not to the console.  However the specified file
> does not even exist.

	Two ideas:

	1) Somehow syslog is not running.  Check it is installed and a process
exists, and that other files are being updated by it.

	2) It is not cron which is generating this, but PAM running under the
cron user.

--
Leandro Guimarães Faria Corcete Dutra <ldutra@prefeitura.sp.gov.br>
Prefeitura do Município de São Paulo