Re: shell script question

On Mon, Jan 26, 2004 at 10:36:13AM -0200, Leandro Guimarães Faria Corcete Dutra wrote:
> Em Sáb, 2004-01-24 às 04:44, tripolar escreveu:
> > I would like to download all files from an ftp site. probably 250 files
> > some between 25-50 Megs.I am wondering about using wget with shell (
> > bash) script to login, download all files, if one is found on harddrive
> > ignore and goto next one. one file at a time to prevent using too much
> > of their bandwidth.
>
> 	I think wget does that automatically, check man wget.  If it doesn't,
> it is a safe bet NcFTP does, and is scriptable too.

wget has a mirror option.  So does lftp.  I use lftp regularly to
mirror ftp-archives.

Regards
Johann

--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "Wash me thoroughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me
      from my sin. For I acknowledge my transgressions; and
      my sin is ever before me. Against thee, thee only,
      have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight..."
                                   Psalms 51:2-4