Portable Hardware

Hi guys,

I thinking about buying some form of portable hardware for my linux
system. It is for backing up my system and moving data from one system
to another.

I have load on infomation of several computers. Some of these computers
have no internet conection.

So i thinking about getting a Zip drive or a jazz drive. Or something
along these lines. It has to be able to work though the USB.

But i have heard, that there are problems with drivers a such like
things. For some hardware like this. I have a Debian system, installed
on all of these machines. Any advice would be welcomed.

Many Thanks.