Re: features in galeon-1.2.5 vs 1.3.11+, was: Status of Galeon intesting?

Hi,

I use Galeon 1.3.11a with mozilla 1.5-3 underneath (testing?)

Arnt Karlsen wrote:
> On 24 Jan 2004 13:14:06 +0100,
> gnalle@ruc.dk (Niels L. Ellegaard) wrote in message
> <[🔎] 7w1xppwnld.fsf@dirac.ruc.dk>:
> > Arnt Karlsen <arnt@c2i.net> writes:
> >
> > > ..how about cookies?  I generally want "allow these cookies" ban
> > > these cookies" and "ban this spam site", should take 3 buttons only,
> > > but is a major hassle with all browsers I've used, you get "accept"
> > > or "ban" and "these cookies only" or "all cookies".
> >
> > Right click on picture and chose "ban pictures from this site"
> >
> > In the menu you can choose
> > "web" -> "cookies" -> "ban cookies from this site"
> > "web" -> "popups" ->  "ban popups from this site"
> > (These menu item took me a while to find :)
>
> ..not good enough IMO, entering a new site, I like to decide how to
> treat the first few cookies before I make up my mind on the site, that
> required going back and forth between the "these few" and "all sites"
> menus, I decide to ban or not depending on how I like each site's
> cookie policy.

I have choosen Edit > Preferences > Privacy
  [*] accept all cookies
but also
  [*] warn before accepting a cookie.
That present a dialog every time cookies from a new (=unvisited) site
appear. Then I can look at the cookie details and reject/accept it/or all following
as well.

> > They have made a nice personal data manger with the following tabs:
> >
> > Cookies : Which cookies do you have
> > Cookie sites : Who can/cannot set cookies
> > Image sites : Who can/cannot show images
> > Passwords : Which passwords do you remember
> > Password sites : For which sites don't you wish to remember passwords
> > Popup sites : Which sites cannot make popups
>
> ..here I miss "Which spam sites to firewall to death."
>
> > > ..is it still possible to drag tabs across each other?  Or between
> > > Galeon instances?
> >
> > You can drag tabs from one Galeon window to another Galeon
> > window. (Window == instance?). This works very nicely.
>
> ..uh, between windows, no longer sure if I ever have moved tabs
> between instances.
>
> > My only grudge is that if a Galeon window only has one tab, then the
> > drag handle disappears. This means that I cannot drag the last
> > remaining tab into another window. In other words I cannot empty a
> > window for all tabs. Galeon 1.2.5 had a very nice menu item for this
> > but sadly this menu item has not been reimplemented.

Sure, it's there:
Edit > Preferences > Tabs
  [*] Show tab bar if only one tab is open

Cheers,
Erich