Re: features in galeon-1.2.5 vs 1.3.11+, was: Status of Galeon intesting?

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 11:01:37 +0100,
Erich.Waelde@t-online.de (Erich Waelde) wrote in message
<[🔎] 16404.58753.148912.485853@artemis.standalone>:

> Hi,
>

> I use Galeon 1.3.11a with mozilla 1.5-3 underneath (testing?)
>

> Arnt Karlsen wrote:
> > On 24 Jan 2004 13:14:06 +0100,
> > gnalle@ruc.dk (Niels L. Ellegaard) wrote in message
> > <[🔎] 7w1xppwnld.fsf@dirac.ruc.dk>:

> > > Right click on picture and chose "ban pictures from this site"
> > >
> > > In the menu you can choose
> > > "web" -> "cookies" -> "ban cookies from this site"
> > > "web" -> "popups" ->  "ban popups from this site"
> > > (These menu item took me a while to find :)
> >
> > ..not good enough IMO, entering a new site, I like to decide how to
> > treat the first few cookies before I make up my mind on the site,
> > that required going back and forth between the "these few" and "all
> > sites" menus, I decide to ban or not depending on how I like each
> > site's cookie policy.
>
> I have choosen Edit > Preferences > Privacy
>   [*] accept all cookies
> but also
>   [*] warn before accepting a cookie.
> That present a dialog every time cookies from a new (=unvisited) site
> appear. Then I can look at the cookie details and reject/accept it/or
> all following as well.

..your choise is fine for you.  Is my choise _possible_?

..another grudge of mine, is I often get bombarded with cookies on
entering new sites.  I like to take a look _first_, _then_ decide
whether or not cookies are warranted.  Is this possible in any browser?
I'm the "You push me, I ban your cookies." kinda fella.

> > > They have made a nice personal data manger with the following
> > > tabs:
> > >
> > > Cookies : Which cookies do you have
> > > Cookie sites : Who can/cannot set cookies
> > > Image sites : Who can/cannot show images
> > > Passwords : Which passwords do you remember
> > > Password sites : For which sites don't you wish to remember
> > > passwords Popup sites : Which sites cannot make popups
> >
> > ..here I miss "Which spam sites to firewall to death."

> > > You can drag tabs from one Galeon window to another Galeon
> > > window. (Window == instance?). This works very nicely.
> >
> > ..uh, between windows, no longer sure if I ever have moved tabs
> > between instances.
> >
> > > My only grudge is that if a Galeon window only has one tab, then
> > > the drag handle disappears. This means that I cannot drag the last
> > > remaining tab into another window. In other words I cannot empty a
> > > window for all tabs. Galeon 1.2.5 had a very nice menu item for
> > > this but sadly this menu item has not been reimplemented.
>
> Sure, it's there:
> Edit > Preferences > Tabs
>   [*] Show tab bar if only one tab is open

..is this tab possible to move to another window or instance?

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: