Re: bad fonts in kde after installing gnome

Micha Feigin wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 25, 2004 at 09:45:44AM -0700, Mike wrote:
>> Micha Feigin wrote:

>> > Did you try changing the fonts with the kde control panel? (I think its
>> > called kontrol or something similar).

>> Yes :)
>> I even tried "default " settings, then logged in with the "good" user and
>> compared settings there. Settings appear to be the same.
>> I may have to delete that user and add another one to see how it looks,
>> but the one that is "bad" is the family account :(
>>

> Is kde loading its settings daemons? (don't remember their names, sorry)
> I don't know how it connects to them, could be some permission
> problems, what happens if you open a program as root through one of the
> problematic user accounts?
> Are both accounts using the same window manager?

"update":
I am under the family account and after playing and changing the fonts in
control center kde is looking much better. I wrote down fonts and sizes and
then compared them to the family account. Much, much better.
I still don't have any idea why the fonts were obviously changed when trying
to install gnome, but now I am happy with what I have. I even checked
Mozilla and it looks good also (I don't remember that it changed, but
checked any way).

Thanks for "all" the help. I appreciate it :)