Re: bad fonts in kde after installing gnome

On Sun, Jan 25, 2004 at 09:45:44AM -0700, Mike wrote:
> Micha Feigin wrote:
>
> > On Sat, Jan 24, 2004 at 06:20:14PM -0700, Michael A. Endsley wrote:
> >> Before I found out that gnome was broken (running Sarge), I d/led all the
> >> gnome files to try running gnome. I have been using kde. Since I couldn't
> >> get it to work (gnome), I deleted all the files I installed. I use two
> >> different users/logins because of different email addresses. Now the
> >> fonts for one of the users are horrible..not very readable and very
> >> jagged. I didn't change any settings before trying to install gnome. When
> >> I log in as the other user, the fonts are fine.
> >> This seems to be for all applications that I run.
> >> Any idea what could have happened?
> >> btw- I tried adding a new user and fonts are bad on that kde screen also
> >> :( Thanks
> >>

> > Did you try changing the fonts with the kde control panel? (I think its
> > called kontrol or something similar).
> >

> >> --
> >>
> Yes :)
> I even tried "default " settings, then logged in with the "good" user and
> compared settings there. Settings appear to be the same.
> I may have to delete that user and add another one to see how it looks, but
> the one that is "bad" is the family account :(

Is kde loading its settings daemons? (don't remember their names, sorry)
I don't know how it connects to them, could be some permission
problems, what happens if you open a program as root through one of the
problematic user accounts?
Are both accounts using the same window manager?