Re: OO 1.1.0 crashing ...

* Adam Bogacki wrote:
> >Hi, I've had problem with OO 1.1.0 but have not seen it referred to on
> >this list.
> >
> >user@Tux:~$ openoffice   brings up OO 1.1 but trying to open a new
> >document, master document, text document (most of them), HTML, drawing
> >or spreadsheet initially bring it up followed by the pop-up message
> >
> >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> >\!/ An unrecoverable error has occurred.
> >All modified files have been saved and can
> >probably be recovered at program restart.
> >
> >after which it crashes.
Hi Adam,

This happened to me yesterday, after an upgrade. Fortunately I noticed a
cryptic message in the process.

Get into /etc/openoffice. Your old autoresponse.conf _needs_ to be replaced
by the autoresponse.conf.dpkg-dist  .  The cryptic message hinted that open
office wouldn't run if you insisted on kweeping your old config.

HTH,

Nick (Slugger)