OO 1.1.0 crashing ...

Hi, I've had problem with OO 1.1.0 but have not seen it referred to on this list.

user@Tux:~$ openoffice brings up OO 1.1 but trying to open a new document, master document, text document (most of them), HTML, drawing or spreadsheet initially bring it up followed by the pop-up message

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
\!/ An unrecoverable error has occurred.
All modified files have been saved and can
probably be recovered at program restart.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

after which it crashes.

Emailed text attachments get the same treatment, meaning that I can't
read important documents.

I've looked under Tools->Options but can't see any obvious
mis-config. English-NZ, English-AUS, and English-US  don't
change anything.

I notice that under
Options->Paths->[whatever] you get /home/adam/OO/1.0.2/[whatever]

Could that be the problem ? In other words, configs are not
up-to-date ?

I'm running unstable and 'apt-get dist-upgrade --fix-missing'
via cable almost daily (congestion allowing) but the problem has persisted for the last few weeks ... leading to some angst.

Any OO gurus out there ?

Adam Bogacki,
afb@paradise.net.nz