Re: upgrade Woody to Sarge

Alan Chandler wrote:
On Sunday 25 January 2004 10:10 am, john gennard wrote:

On a new hard drive, I've installed a basic Woody (ex the 7 CD set) to
use to
upgrade to Sarge.

In /etc/apt/sources.list I put:-
        'deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian testing main contrib
non-free' and ran:-            'apt-get update'

Things seemed to go fine initially, but I finished with the following
error:-

----------
[snip]
Fetched 2827kB in 38s .......
Reading Package Lists ... Error!
E.  Dynamic MMap ran out of room
E.  Error occured while processing vrwave (NewVersion2)
E.  Problem with MergeList /var/lib/apt/lists/

Have you run out of disk space in /var ?  - or alternatively perhaps in /tmp
or swap

No, I've used only 500mb out of 6.5 Gig, and am using only one partition. Swap
is 500mb  and Ram over 650mb and very little is used.