Re: ATI radeon 9200, 2.6 kernel, xfree 4.3 - but still bad performance (dri failing?)

On Sunday 25 January 2004 8:46 am, Peter Schönfeld wrote:
> Hi,
>
> try   http://kano.mipooh.net/  there is a script called
>
> install-radeon-debian.sh, run it as root with X not running.

Why that one, and not (for instance) install-radeon-agpgart-debian.sh

Thats a pretty scary thing to do.  I have looked at these scripts, and there
is hardly any explanation of what they are doing.  Nevertheless, they appear
to be downloading something from xfree86.org, building it and then installing
it.  It seems to be a driver for firegl - which it then goes through my
config files and edit out radeon driver and put this in its place.

Its almost like sending someone an .exe file in a windows e-mail and expecting
them to click on the attachment.

Can anyone explain what they do before I dive in

--
Alan Chandler
alan@chandlerfamily.org.uk